KATAKLYSM trailer for upcoming album "Meditations"
NUCLEAR BLAST released the first trailer for "Meditations", the new album from Canadian melodic Death Metallers KATAKLYSM. Due on June 1, the 10-song disc was produced by the band's guitarist Jean-François Dagenais and drummer Oli Beaudoin, and was mixed by Jay Ruston (ANTHRAX, STONE SOUR). Mastering duties were handled by Paul Logus (PANTERA). Watch the trailer below.
The "Meditations" cover artwork was created for Ocvlta Designs by Surtsey, who also crafted the artwork for KATAKLYSM's previous record, "Of Ghosts And Gods".
Singer Maurizio Iacono said: "This is a very personal album to me with old wounds being revisited — I felt a big urge to pour my soul into this release. The boys and I were isolated under the same roof during the writing process, just like we did in the early days... with no worries except having fun, being honest and delivering a serious album that represents us today but respects our past. Our new story is coming and we are eager to share it with you!"
Dagenais told That Drummer Guy about KATAKLYSM's decision to work with Ruston: "It was kind of a gamble for us because you never know because our music is so extreme and needs a certain type of process to it, to be able to be delivered right and we weren't sure if going with a guy like Jay Ruston, who is more of a traditional heavy metal/rock producer, that it could work. We all knew that, 'Okay, if this works, it's going to be really awesome. If it doesn't, it could be such a mistake.' No, it wasn't. We got our mixes and we were, like, 'Fuck yeah!' All of us together. We made the right call there and it was perfect. But, we worked really hard on the tracking, me and Oli. We spent months on recording the drums and guitars and the bass tracks and making sure Maurizio delivers the right energy with the vocals. We really polished the thing and we sent it to Jay Ruston and he totally brought it up to another level. So, that's really exciting."
"Meditations" track listing:
- The Last Breath I'll Take Is Yours
- Born To Kill And Destined To Die
- In Limbic Resonance
- And Then I Saw Blood
- What Doesn't Break Doesn't Heal
- Bend The Arc, Cut The Cord
- Achilles Heel
"Death… Is Just The Beginning" Tour 2018
- Oct 18 - D - Wiesbaden - Schlachthof
- Oct 19 - D - Stuttgart - LKA Longhorn
- Oct 20 - D - Munich - Backstage
- Oct 23 - H - Budapest - Barba Negra
- Oct 24 - A - Vienna - Arena
- Oct 25 - PL - Wrocław - Zaklęte Rewiry
- Oct 26 - D - Geiselwind - MusicHall
- Oct 27 - I - Milan - Live Music Club
- Oct 28 - CH - Pratteln - Z7
- Oct 29 - F - Lyon - Ninkasi Kao
- Oct 31 - E - Madrid - Sala Mon
- Nov 01 - E - Barcelona - Razzmatazz 2
- Nov 02 - F - Limoges - CC John Lennon
- Nov 03 - F - Paris - La Machine du Moulin Rouge
- Nov 04 - B - Antwerp - Trix
- Nov 05 - D - Hamburg - Docks
- Nov 06 - S - Gothenburg - Trädgår'n
- Nov 07 - S - Stockholm - Fryshuset
- Nov 09 - FIN - Helsinki - The Circus
- Nov 10 - FIN - Tampere - Pakkahuone
- Nov 12 - DK - Copenhagen - Pumpehuset
- Nov 13 - NL - Leeuwarden - Neushoorn
- Nov 14 - D - Berlin - Kesselhaus
- Nov 15 - D - Dresden - Eventwerk
- Nov 16 - D - Oberhausen - Turbinenhalle 2
- Nov 17 - D - Leipzig - Hellraiser